How to Book Wallpaper
Booking Prepasted Wallpaper
- Fill a water tray 2/3 full with water at room temperature.
- Roll the cut strip from bottom to top, paste side out.
- You should not see the pattern.
- Submerge the rolled strip into the water tray.
- Soak for the amount of time recommended in the manufacturer’s hanging instructions, usually 30 seconds.
- Holding the top of the sheet, slowly lift and unroll the paper onto a work table, making sure the paste is completely wet.
- Fold the strip
- Gently fold both ends, paste side in, towards the center of the strip, without creasing the folds. This is known as "booking". You should see the pattern.
- Let the strip rest for the amount of time recommended in the manufacturer’s hanging instructions, usually about 10 minutes.
Booking Unpasted Wallpaper
- You only need to book unpasted wallpaper if pasting the backing, if using the paste-the-wall method, booking is unnecessary
- If you need to mix the paste first, follow the manufacturer’s instructions
- Lay the strip of wallpaper face down on your work surface
- Brush paste on to the top half of your paper and gently fold that section back to meet the middle. Brush paste on the remaining half and fold the bottom end in to meet the middle.
- Allow the paper to rest in this "booked" position for 10 minutes while the glue becomes fully activated and the paper is prepared.