Brewster Home Fashions, LLC – a global home décor company, is looking for a Creative Director to join our team!
The Creative Director is integral to the future success of our rapidly growing wallpaper product category. In this position, you will be focused on the design direction and development of wallpaper products, with a particular focus on the luxury market. You will work closely with our design team to ensure we are producing on-trend products that align with our brand strategy and appeals to our target consumer base, while still meeting all operational and financial parameters.
The ideal candidate will be someone who has a passion for home interiors, and who has had professional experience in product development and brand direction for products geared towards the home. Growing a new luxury brand will be a cornerstone of this role; so, we would love someone who has established contacts within the luxury market/furniture design community to help break us further into this market space.
- Lead the design team on the direction of wallcovering product development with a particular focus on the luxury market.
- Directs designers to use best practices and methods to develop on-trend products.
- Conduct market and competitor research to determine product and design offerings that can expand our current lines within the scope of our brands.
- Collaborate with the sales team to identify new customers or channels that our product will align with.
- Establish timing of product launches based upon sales, marketing data trends, and manufacturing availability.
- Collaborates with the design team to develop and communicate brand direction and focus from a design and product development perspective to other stakeholders.
- Works alongside marketing, graphics, and sample book department to ensure we continue to align with our brand strategy.
- Identify, analyze, and cultivate design partnerships with outside designers to broaden our product offering and grow our customer base.
- Communicate business strategy, results, direction, and rationale behind organizational decisions to the design team ensuring team goals are aligned with company strategy.
- Establish our artistic strategy to align with realistic operational and financial directives in the company.
- Attend key customer meetings as needed to present our design process and vision behind our products.
- Must be willing to travel internationally (Asia) to visit factories and attend trade shows, as well as travel domestically with sales agents visiting designers as needed.
- Must have familiarity with textile or wallcovering materials and manufacturing processes.
- 10 years of experience in product development, design, or another related field, preferably in the textile, wallpaper, or home furnishings industries.
- 5 or more years of experience providing direction to an in-house team of designers.
- Demonstrated ability to bring products to market in conjunction with an annual line plan.
- Highly analytical – someone who can understand the financial impact of design decisions and adjust as needed based on relevant data.
- Exceptional presentation skills in customer-facing settings.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel in a business setting.
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite, CAD, and other design programs a plus.
**This position will be based at our Randolph, Massachusetts headquarters and will be expected to be in the office most days. Candidates should live in or be prepared to relocate to the Greater Boston Area **
Brewster Home Fashions is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This role is posted by Brewster Home Fashions directly & is a verified role. Any subsequent posting of this position on LinkedIn.com & its applicants will not be considered for this open position. We are not partnering with agencies & will not pay subsequent fees.