How to Hang Your First Strip
Learn how to hang and install your first strip of wallpaper on your wall.
Hang First Strip
- Start at your plumb line and ensure the pattern is right side up.
- Apply the top half of the strip to the wall, slightly overlapping the ceiling and adjoining wall.
- Slide the wallpaper into position, lining up with the plumb line.
- Gently press the strip to the wall with a smoothing brush. Be careful not to stretch the wallpaper while positioning.
- Smooth the bottom half into place.
- Smooth the entire strip, working from the center outward, forcing out any air pockets.
- Wash off excess paste with a damp sponge and clean water.