Purchasing Forecasting Specialist
Purchasing Forecasting Specialist
Brewster Home Fashions, LLC is a 5th generation family-owned home decor company founded in 1935.
We opened our first office as a US regional distributor of wallpaper. Our roots are in traditional wallcoverings, but in the past decade, we've evolved into a home décor brand covering wall art, home accessories, flooring, small furniture, and more. Brewster is the creator of many popular brands including WallPops, NuWallpaper, FloorPops, A-Street Prints, and a whole lot more! With a team of experienced in-house designers and offices on three continents, we are equipped for producing fresh and original products for worldwide distribution to both residential and commercial markets.
Our company's core values encompass quality, style, innovation, and to exceed expectations for our customers.
The Purchasing Forecasting Specialist will be responsible for maintaining reporting and analyze current inventory positions for key product categories and chain items (like Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes, Menards, and more). They will help advise other members of the purchasing team with suggested order quantities, as well as helping with other key purchasing recurring tasks, like chain and flash event stock reservations and reporting key metrics.
This position will also cross-train with the rest of the purchasing group to be able to help pick up slack on PO placement, PO updates, and inventory receipts. They may also be given some overall purchasing responsibilities on some vendors.
- Run weekly and bi-weekly reports to identify potential inventory shortages on key items and item categories.
- Update chain stock reserve on a monthly basis, as well as ongoing reservations for flash web sales with customers like Zulily, Haute Look, Woot, and Rue La La.
- Cross-train with rest of the purchasing team to be able to help when the team may be short-handed, as well as potentially handling some specific vendors, by:
- Regularly evaluating inventory to determine if the material on hand is of sufficient quantity to meet current and future sales needs, and makes appropriate adjustments based on this analysis.
- Collaborating with other departments such as product design, sales, and logistics regarding the schedule of specific phases of projects. Help identify potential areas of delay or failure and work to address those issues within the organization.
- Maintaining regular communication with vendors to ensure product is being produced and shipped within defined lead times. Notifies all necessary parties, both internally and externally, of any unanticipated changes or issues.
- Updating inventory information in our ERP system (SAP), to ensure accurate information is available to all team members.
- Maintaining records of items purchased or transferred between internal departments, compares prices, deliveries, and inventories. Computes the total cost of items purchased.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or another relevant field.
- 2+ years of experience in procurement, inventory management or other relevant business areas with a focus on forecasting or inventory analysis
- Must have excellent attention for detail and organization skills
- Exceptional communication skills in a business setting, both verbally and written. This position relies heavily on email communication with other stakeholders both inside and outside of the business, so producing clear and concise communications is very important to the success of this role.
- Demonstrated computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Excel in a business setting.
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment and take initiative.
- Must have the capacity to work on multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.