How to Prepare Walls for Wallpaper
Before hanging wallpaper, it is important to prepare your walls to ensure the success of the project. We recommend hanging wallpaper on smooth, clean and dry walls that have been primed.
We do not recommend hanging wallpaper over old wallpaper. Learn more about how to remove wallpaper.
Wallpaper Glossary & Terms
- Turn off power and remove all faceplates and socket covers.
- Remove any existing wallpaper.
- Patch, spackle, and sand any holes or imperfections in your walls.
- Prime walls, waiting 30 to 60 days before hanging your wallpaper or mural.
- For heavily textured or damaged walls, install a heavy duty wallpaper liner.